SIOUX FALLS SECURITY OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
Tri-State Security & Patrol is looking for Sioux Falls Security Officers. As a security officer you will monitor and patrol assigned areas to provide general security to clients ensuring a safe environment, crime prevention/deduction, and order maintenance by observing and reporting suspicious activities. In this position you will need to anticipate potential problems and react to disturbances and prohibited conduct, as well respond to emergency situations as needed. Security guards are generally tasked with the following types of responsibilities, regardless of where they are working. As well as other assigned duties.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/client policies, service procedures and standards
- Maintain visibility to ensure/deter unacceptable activities in vehicle or on foot
- Comply with Client's post instructions which include walking to prevent and detect signs of intrusion, and ensure security of building including doors, windows, gates, etc.
- Follow rules and regulations of the building or facility they are working in to protect all buildings, contents, employees, and others who enter the facility by ensuring that security rules and regulations are enforced
- Perform vehicle patrol to maintain and monitor building security/inspections
- Monitor security systems: including alarms, metal detector machines, gates, and more
- Conduct safety inspections in order to ensure things are running smoothly
- Keep track and report records, related daily activities and irregular incidents (such as property theft, presence of unauthorized persons, unusual occurrences, accidents and medical emergencies)
- Call proper authorities in case of emergency, i.e. police, fire department, medical aid
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property, as well as warn any individuals of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend and/or evict violators from client premises.
- Must be 18 years of age or older as required by contractual guidelines
- High school diploma or GED
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Proficient communication skills, both oral and written, with a friendly and professional demeanor for public interaction and filing reports as necessary
- Professional neat appearance
- Physical ability to walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time
- Shifts are days/nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to handle issues and crisis situations as they arise in an efficient and effective manner
- Pass background check and drug test
- 1+ years of prior employment required / 2+ years of Military or Security experience preferred
Security Officers usually work at various hours, including late nights or overnight. They must spend a great deal of time on their feet or in a vehicle to patrol assigned venue(s). Security Officers must arrive to scheduled venues on time to ensure all Client's necessary security measures have been implemented. There are dangers associated with the job, as Security Officers must always be on the lookout for security threats, and must sometimes intervene when problems arise.
© Tri-State Security and Patrol Services | 605.610.2160 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Powered by Complete Media, Inc.
Tri State Security specializes in providing highly qualified security services, security patrol services and on-sight
security guard services to businesses, events and properties in Sioux Falls and the surrounding region.